As consumers, we’ve gotten used to fast ordering, fast delivery. If nothing else, the pandemic has pushed more of us online to purchase items. And certainly, the use of subscription boxes, reduced shipping and customized packaging have gained in popularity. Businesses know they have to stand out to retain customers. So what can you do to get the attention of your customers and prospects? Here are some ideas.
- You need to be everywhere! Think about it. You’re looking through Facebook and see a product that looks interesting. Right then and there, some people are clicking the Facebook ad, going to the website and ordering. Wherever your customers are – you need to be there too.
- Be responsive. Do you have a way for them to contact you immediately? If you don’t have a vehicle for communicating with customers, they’re probably going to another site.
- Be secure – but make it easy. People sometimes fill a cart, start the process to check out, and then quit when the buying process became unbearable. Make it easy to complete the sales process.
- Know what’s in the warehouse at all times. Your customer finds the product they want, only to find out in the ordering process that it’s on back order. Your inventory system must be precise. With CMS as your shipping partner, we have a system that keeps you up to date.
- Tailor the experience to the consumer. Personalization is key to retention. Find a way to tailor the shopping experience for your customers.
- Reduce frustration by eliminating redundancies. When your customers contact customer service to solve a problem, it’s extremely frustrating if they have to repeat the entire story multiple times.
- Your delivered product must be impeccable. One of the biggest reasons customers reach out for support involves shipping. Timing, tracking and appearance are key. These are CMS’ strengths. Reach out to us and we can talk.
- Pump up your self-service options. Can your customers get answers if they’re shopping late at night? Making sure your FAQs are current and specific will help guide them.
- Consider product reviews as important as your customer. If a customer takes the time to leave a review, leave a response. Your customer deserves your attention. These reviews are key to retaining customers and getting new ones.
If you have questions, give CMS a call at 718-238-2919. We can solve your shipping, fulfillment and inventory problems.